AnyCubic i3 Mega S 3D Printer is alive!

I decided to get myself a 3D Printer, wanted to give the 3D modelling a go and see what I could make.

As it was my first I didn't want to go all fancy and expensive, and after searching around and asking for feedback from folks, the AnyCubic i3 Mega S was a favourable recommendation.

It had good reviews and plenty of positive videos on YouTube and appeared to be a reliable brand.

I ordered it via Amazon and also some different coloured spools of filament.

The printer itself came with a 1kg role of filament (random colour, mine was white) and 5 other 10m rolls of sample colour filaments, so certainly enough to get going, but as I was shipping everything to Cyprus, decided to get some now in the one order.


The printer arrived and was really easy to build. A very sturdy construction.

It came with a spare print head including a 0.4mm nozzle. The print head that was fitted also has a 0.4mm nozzle. There were also 5 other spare nozzles supplied, in sizes 0.4mm to 0.8mm and a selection of nozzle cleaning wires.
A scraper, wire cutters, couple of spanners, 3 hex keys, small flat head screwdriver and needle tip tweezers and a pair of surgical gloves.
There was also a USB SD Card reader and SD Card supplied. The SD Card had the current drivers if you were going to use USB connection, and also the test print Owl objects.


After assembling the printer the next step was to level the hot bed. This is done by moving the print head to each corner and then using a piece of paper as a thickness guide, adjust the bed height until it just grabbing the paper, repeat all corners until it feels the same grab pressure.

Once this was done I printed out the test owl prints. The hot bed temperature warmed up to 60'c and then the print head heated up to 230'C. It then gets to work printing the objects. They came out a lot better than I expected for a first attempt at setting it up.




Just need to start putting it to use!

I made the timelapse video of the assembly and first print. This was recorded on a GoPro7 Black at 5 second interval. Unfortunately, I never charged the battery fully before starting at the camera died just before it had finished printing. Got the bulk of it though.

Comments

Popular posts